Anti-Social Behaviour

We want everyone to enjoy living in their WFHA home, so we do not tolerate anti-social behaviour.

Your tenancy agreement is clear that you must let your neighbours enjoy their homes in peace. You must treat our staff decently, as well as anyone acting on our behalf.

You are also responsible for the behaviour of other members of your household and anyone visiting your home.

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour, there is helpful information below.

Anti-social behaviour includes things like:

  • any criminal behaviour
  • abuse and threats
  • harassment and violence
  • noise nuisance
  • damage to property, including graffiti
  • drunken rowdiness, and
  • drug use or drug dealing.

If the problem is not very serious, and you can do so safely, it can be a good idea to talk to your neighbour first. People often don’t realise their behaviour is a nuisance.

But if the problem is more serious, don’t suffer in silence – let us know.

When an incident is taking place and you think it could be dangerous for yourself or someone else, call the police on 999. If you don’t need immediate help, call the police on 101.

If you are suffering regular incidents, you should keep a record of the dates and times. Note down how you were affected and who was involved. We can give you a diary to help you do this.

For noise nuisance problems, contact Waltham Forest Council’s Environmental Health Department. You can download their Noise Action Guidance leaflet here.

We can take a number of steps, depending on how serious your problem is.
They include:

  • offering mediation – where an independent mediator gives both sides space to talk things through
  • using our legal powers – with very strong evidence of serious, continuing, anti-social behaviour, we might be able to take our tenant to court, or
  • working on a problem with other agencies such as the police, social services or another landlord.

We will do what we can to support you and try to sort out vandalism quickly.

Here are some crime prevention tips from the Police.

  • Lock doors and windows when you leave your home.
  • Hide keys out of sight and away from the letterbox.
  • Leave valuables out of sight.
  • Ask a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your home.
  • Leave radios or lights in your home on a timer if you’re away.
  • Mark your property with the postcode and house number, then register for free with Immobilise.
  • Consider joining or setting up a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
  • Report suspicious people by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.