What is tenant scrutiny?
Tenant scrutiny is a way of giving tenants greater influence and the ability to hold their landlords to account by exercising more power over the business decisions, governance and performance of their landlord.
Tenant involvement in the scrutiny of a landlord’s performance is rooted in the principle that landlords take account of the following:
- Tenants’ priorities and needs
- Involving tenants in setting policies and standards
- Taking tenants’ views into account before decisions are taken
- How to support tenants to hold their landlords to account
Tenant scrutiny gives tenants an active stake in the running of their landlord’s business rather than just being recipients of services. It enables staff and tenants to work in partnership to achieve better performance and improved outcomes.
WHFA’s Tenant Scrutiny Panel
If you would like to get involved and make a difference at WFHA, you don’t need any previous experience – you just need to be enthusiastic and to care about improving the services that affect you. You need to be aged 18 year and over and live in one of our homes.
We want to hear from everyone to so that we can reflect the diverse community of our association and our borough – WFHA is an anti-racist association.
Join WFHA’s Tenant Scrutiny Panel
We know you know best – If you are interested in helping us improve services by scrutinizing our performance and the quality and value for money of WFHA’s landlord services why not apply to become a member of the panel. Please read the TSP role profile and our Terms of Reference below, and if you think you will be a good fit, just fill out the application form and Equality and diversity monitoring form
You’re not too young. You’re not too old. It’s never too late – we would love to hear from you!
What’s in it for you
If you are successful and are appointed a member of the panel, we will give you:
- £25 voucher for every meeting that you attend
- Reasonable expenses
Other benefits include:
- Broadening your skillset – a full induction, training and development will be provided
- Being a member of our panel will look great on your CV
- The opportunity to meet new people – including your neighbours, WFHA staff and Board and to engage with the wider community
If you have any questions, you can call on telephone number 020 8524 6987, press option 4 for Governance, or email email@example.com
Tenant Engagement and Scrutiny
There are currently no meetings