How to pay your rent

You pay rent and service charges for the home you live in and the services we provide you with.

As our tenant, you are responsible for paying your rent on time and in full. Your rent is due a week in advance – or a month in advance, if you pay monthly.

We will give you a rent card, with all the details you need to pay your rent. Please call the office straight away on 020 8524 6987 if you lose your card.

For all rent enquiries, phone our finance team on 020 8524 6987, or email .

Ways to pay

We give you lots of convenient ways to pay your rent. The best way to pay is by direct debit.

The best way to pay your rent is by monthly direct debit from your bank account. It’s a good way to make sure that your rent account is always up to date.

When you pay by direct debit, we will write to tell you before your rent is due to change. You don’t have to contact your bank.

Paying by direct debit also means you could win £100 in the prize draw we hold every three months. We will include your name automatically.

To move to direct debit, phone us on 020 8524 6987.

To pay by monthly standing order, you will need to set this up with your bank. You may be able to do this online.

When we write to tell you about a change to your rent, you will need to change your standing order.

Your bank statements act as proof of payment.

You can pay your rent in cash, or by debit card, at any shop or garage showing the allpay sign. You can search for outletshttps://www.allpayments.nethere.

You will need take your rent card with you.

You can pay by debit card by phoning allpay’s round-the-clock automated phone line on 0844 557 8321.

You can also pay by debit card if you phone our office on 020 8524 6987 during opening hours (see below).

You will need your rent card to hand.

You can register and pay online on the allpay website.

You can also register to pay by text, using your smartphone, if you first download the allpay app.

Our offices are currently closed to the public due to COVID-19. Please make your rent payments by any of the other options available as listed above. WFHA apologises for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Housing Benefit and Universal Credit

You may be able to claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit to help you pay your rent and service charges. Our staff can help you with the forms.

If you get Housing Benefit, you should ask your local authority to pay it directly to us. But it will still be your responsibility to make sure that they are sending enough to cover your rent. If not, you must pay us the difference.

If you get Universal Credit, your rent will not normally be paid directly to us. It will be your responsibility to use the money you get to pay your rent yourself.

You must tell us and the council or the DWP immediately if you are claiming Housing Benefit or Universal Credit and your circumstances change.

Struggling to pay?

When you signed your tenancy agreement, you agreed to pay your rent in full and on time.

If you later have problems, you should contact us straight away. You can talk to the Housing Services Team, your independent living officer, or the Finance Team.

We understand that life can be difficult when you are on a low income. We can assist you to get the help you need to maximise your income and sort out any debts.

We can also agree a payment arrangement with you – allowing you to repay any back rent in affordable regular amounts.

However, if you don’t talk to us, or if you fail to keep to an arrangement, we can and will take legal action.

Make paying your rent your priority. Don’t risk losing your home. If you are struggling, phone us on 020 8524 6987.